Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/davidsnaturals/public_html/wp-content/plugins/affiliate-ads-builder-for-clickbank-products/vertical_horizontal_carousel.inc.php on line 70
Earthing Is a Hot New Health Trend
Earthing is a hot new trend that many experts are endorsing. Another name for earthing is grounding, and it refers to putting your body in direct contact with the earth. If you haven’t tried earthing, you may want to add it to your list.
Learn more about earthing and why it’s worth trying:
- What is earthing? Earthing means you connect to the earth by touching the ground, preferably soil or sand. Earthing is also supposed to help you reconnect with the planet.
- The main idea, as it directly pertains to your health, is based on positive and negative charges. The earth has a negative charge, and the human body tends to have a positive charge. By touching the earth, you can get grounded and reach a neutral charge.
- Some people believe that a positive electrical charge can lead to health issues. By using earthing, you may be able to prevent or correct these issues.
- What are the health benefits of earthing? Experts are still debating the health advantages of earthing, and each person responds a bit differently, but people who do it have reported several benefits:
- Reduced inflammation in the body
- Decreased pain, stress, and jet lag
- Better sleep
- More energy
- Normalized blood pressure
- Faster healing
- Fewer headaches
- Less muscle tension
- Does research support earthing? Earthing is still a controversial trend, but some initial studies support it.
- A study from the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that earthing could reduce blood viscosity, which is a factor in cardiovascular disease. This means earthing may lower the risk of heart disease.
- Other preliminary studies have shown some improvements in sleep and inflammation.
- This trend needs more research because most of the studies have been small and short-term. However, the current findings are already positive and encouraging.
- How do you practice earthing? It’s easy to do earthing if you live near a beach, park, or other natural area. But how can you do it if you live in a big city without easy access to nature?
- If you’re fortunate to live near the beach, earthing simply requires you to go barefoot in the sand as often as possible. You can’t wear shoes or socks because your skin needs to be in contact with the sand for best results.
- If you live near a park or natural preserve, try to occasionally walk barefoot on the soil.
- Another option is to play in the grass in your backyard at home.
- You can also buy earthing mats or sheets to use indoors. These are usually sold as kits and don’t require dirt or soil. They look like doormats, but they’re electrically conductive.
- How do you stay safe? Since earthing requires you to go barefoot, there are some safety tips that are important to follow:
- Ensure the area you’re earthing in is safe and clear from debris. Watch out for rocks, broken glass, nails or other items that can cause injuries.
- Wash your feet after you get home, so you don’t track sand or dirt through the house, and to clean any small cuts or scratches you may have incurred.
- Be especially careful with children who want to do earthing because they can step on harmful things without noticing. They also tend to have softer soles on their feet that are prone to injury.
Earthing is a fun and easy trend that you can do easily, and may strengthen your health. Try it and see if it makes you feel